ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Conficker - The Facts

<< < (13/14) > >>

Gothi[c]:
I am getting timeouts / "...cannot display web page".
Could be my security software/settings... trying to determine.
Thought I would confirm the links were valid first.

--- End quote ---
They work for me.

lanux128:
Thought I would confirm the links were valid first.-bob99 (April 09, 2009, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

that itself might be a sign of Conficker infection.. the fastest way to check for infection is to get Sysinternals' "Process Explorer" and try to run it on your PC. Conficker would shut it down immediately, though it allows Windows' Task Manager.

Ehtyar:
Thought I would confirm the links were valid first.-bob99 (April 09, 2009, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

that itself might be a sign of Conficker infection.. the fastest way to check for infection is to get Sysinternals' "Process Explorer" and try to run it on your PC. Conficker would shut it down immediately, though it allows Windows' Task Manager.
-lanux128 (April 09, 2009, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Of course if you're infected, you won't be able to get to Microsoft.com...

Ehtyar.

PhilB66:
Conficker  is also downloading a fake antivirus named SpywareProtect2009. More @ http://www.viruslist.com/en/weblog?weblogid=208187666

Ehtyar:
Indeed. This part I don't quite understand though. It seems like a poor choice of avenues to make money, and for anyone on their toes it completely reveals the infection. I expected them to try spamming or something.

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version