ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

March 2009 Survey Discussion

<< < (8/9) > >>

sgtevmckay:
It is entirely possible.
Again I mention that I did say there may be some bias.

tomos:
It is entirely possible.
Again I mention that I did say there may be some bias.
-sgtevmckay (April 14, 2009, 01:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
in fairness,
something I neglected to point out:
in the above results, question #3 "answers" go from 3.9 (best) to 2.7. Similarly for question #7 - from 4.1 to 2.6. (I think that's out of 5 but it doesnt say)

So down the list doesn't mean no interest ...

notanartist:

I use FARR, but not many of its features at all - mostly just for program launching. I've read the Help pages over and over but mostly I don't get it. -J-Mac (March 30, 2009, 02:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

would it be safe to say that if I've never heard of FARR I don't need it?
(eg, if you have to ask the price you can't afford it)

sorry--just (belatedly) took the survey and am feeling a bit giddy. I needed some release after the brain workout.  :stars:

J-Mac:

I use FARR, but not many of its features at all - mostly just for program launching. I've read the Help pages over and over but mostly I don't get it. -J-Mac (March 30, 2009, 02:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

would it be safe to say that if I've never heard of FARR I don't need it?
(eg, if you have to ask the price you can't afford it)

sorry--just (belatedly) took the survey and am feeling a bit giddy. I needed some release after the brain workout.  :stars:
-notanartist (April 18, 2009, 02:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not safe to say at all!  I use it for its program launching abilities. I believe that is what it started out as - a program launcher primarily. Though its search abilities have been greatly extended via plugins written by bith mouser and a host of other gifted members here. I understand you can use FARR to search either on your computer or just about anywhere else.

However I've never gotten very good at using it for anything more than a program launcher - and an excellent one at that. I just press the Pause/Break key as a hotkey and start typing the first few letters of the program I want to open and FARR immediately finds it. Very quick and easy program launching from your keyboard.

Jim

BTW - I just noticed that was your first post here. Welcome aboard!! Ask away about, umm, just about anything you want! And please DO check out the software created by the members here - just click on the Software link at the top of the page. Lots of neat stuff.   :)

mzah8:
90% male. Wow.

I cannot remember what I wrote in the 'appendices' section.. I might not have done at all. Sorry. :(

But otherwise, interesting results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version