ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

March 2009 Survey Discussion

<< < (7/9) > >>

cranioscopical:
let's see if anyone can discover anything interesting in all of that data.
-mouser (April 12, 2009, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well your big opportunity is to email the newsletter to under 15- and over 71-year-old females to inform them of the programming school!  ;)

mouser:
One thing we need to say about the survey is it's going to be disproportionately filled out by the email-newsletter readers, since the newsletter is where we really encouraged people to fill it out..   Not sure how that effects the responses per se, but i suspect it will have a real effect.

mouser:
In last question:
"What silly or fun thing could we do on the site would bring a smile to your face and make the world a little bit more enjoyable?"
--- End quote ---

Cody is mentioned in about a dozen different answers  :D

sgtevmckay:
Now understand what I am about to write here may have bias.

After having skipped quickly once and taken a second slower look, for some reason certain things stick out to me, beyond the bad humor and rank comments.

1.) apparently a need/want for cross-platform programs, and/or Linux induction.
2.) there are some that would wish to learn to program, and learn how; here at DC.
3.) in relation to #2 these folks would appreciate support and distributorship of their programs through DC.
4.) I agree deeply with the following, but this is not a minus. The DC site is overwhelming. Proper Navigation is an issue.
5.) Apparently a lot of guilty consciences out there. I would put this to rest by saying I just did not donate to DC, but I also donated for the ones that could not as well. Even the ones that could not donate still make this :Community" worth wild. There are those that have not donated money, that still donate their time, ans that is very valuable as well. So stop fretting.
6.) seems to be a call for tutorials of the products distributed and supported through DC
7.) Overall the folks, and the goers, here at DC have built something wonderful.

Again some of my immediate insights may have a personal bias, but it is what I immediately took notice of.
I am sure if I look tomorrow, I would find a completely different list.

tomos:
well I've skimmed it and havent really read any of the comment answers

@ sgtevmckay
did you misread the interest in Linux/ cross platform ? [edit] it's pretty far down the list in question # 3 but of course maybe it's all there in the comments I didnt read :-[ [/edit]

I found it confusing that the choices/answers werent shown in order of popularity
e.g. 

Question # 3. Where do you think we should focus our efforts in the future? 
[shown here in order of choice - most popular to the top]

Develop more new windows software
 Improve our existing software
 Write more software reviews
 Develop more features to help DonationCoder programmers
 Improve the online DonationCoder community
 Other (specify in next question) 
 Develop more cross platform software
 Develop web-based online tools

and
Question # 7. Which features of the site are important to you?
[shown here in order of choice - most popular to the top]

DC Software
 Discussion Forum
 Software Reviews
 Bi-monthly Newsletter
 Mini-reviews
 Coding Snacks
 Shareware Discounts
 Special Programming Contests
 Programming School
 Daily Blog

Navigation