ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

how does setuservar work ? [feature request ?]

<< < (2/4) > >>

nitrix-ud:
thanks for your answers mouser ;)

and i'm happy to hear a new version is on its way.

my feature request about command-line invocation is to silently change a FARR user variable.

like many, i work on a project basis, and when switching from one project to an other, i'd like to silently modify FARR user variable so that i can reflect that change in FARR

for instance, say i have an alias to add a note to the project i'm currently working on, i could use an up-to-date FARR user variable holding the name of that project to improve result readability
Add note to Project "Project XYZ"

that would be very handy indeed !

mouser:
should be fixed in new version 2.55.01, uploaded.

nitrix-ud:
Hi Mouser  :D

I have some questions regarding setuservar...

1) Is it possible to set multiple values in one go using the command-line ?

this does not work

--- ---C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\FindAndRunRobot.exe -launch "setuservar MyVars.var1=value1,MyVars.var2=value2"
I have a autohotkey script that sets about 10 values (folder paths used in search folders options) in FARR and I have to say it takes some times to complete since it seems I MUST use RunWait autohotkey command when setting the values to get the recachedirpaths command (that I run at the end) to work well... (otherwise it recaches a mix of good and wrong directories...)

2) Is it possible to remove a value ?? using command-line or using an other way

Thanks for your answer

I hope FARR is very much alive, since I believe it's one of the most useful piece of software in the universe  :-*

mouser:
dear lord you are doing some advanced farr stuff..

as for #1, have you tried separating multiple commands with ;;; so for example:
setuservar MyVars.var1=value1;;;setuservar  MyVars.var2=value2

as for #2, i can add an eraseuservar command.

i'd love to hear what crazy stuff you are using these things for :)

nitrix-ud:
fuck yeah i'm doing advanced stuff  8)

for #1, that's great mouser, your suggestion works !!!

for #2, that would be great...

i have a #3, it seems that a user variable cannot be bigger than 272 characters ? does that make sense to you ?

PS: I'm sending a quick video on your email (for your eye's only, there are some personal stuff)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version