ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

TreeSheets - an interesting and innovative note taker (freeware)

(1/6) > >>

mwang:
Caught this one on the mind-mapping blog: TreeSheets - fast, visual organisation for notes.

Its homepage is here: http://treesheets.com/.

It has a very unusual approach, and its interface might take some getting used to (its unorthodox use of mouse wheel, e.g.), but having tried it for the last two days, I have to admit it's very addictive. The first time you launch it after installation, a short tutorial (sample) document is open. Follow along and you'll be amazed at what it can do. (And if you're not impressed, or don't like its approach, it's pretty safe to uninstall it right away, for you've seen all it can do.)

Warning: it's a very young product, so don't expect it to do everything your favorite note taker can do.

[edited to add screenshot - mouser]
TreeSheets - an interesting and innovative note taker (freeware)

mouser:
Looks interesting.

surftwo:
Nice program......I found a couple of other ones similar to treesheets.......like tobu and incollector.

Dormouse:
Also seems to have similarities in concept to InfoQube (SQLnotes)

mwang:
tobu is all about tagging, TreeSheets doesn't do tags. Can't comment on incollector, which I no longer have any recollection.

InfoQube is a totally different beast, which is much more powerful, but also more complicated. TreeSheets draws tables alright, but that's not what makes it unique.

Edited by mwang: to clarify the subject of the last sentence.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version