ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Paragon Total Defrag 2009 For Free - Powerful but controversial

<< < (7/7)

Innuendo:
[Diskeeper 2009 defragments drives with as low as 1% of free space, the 15% free space in the past was a Microsoft Windows recommendation because 12.5% that is reserved for the MFT and you can not move files into it.-moor (August 06, 2009, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

That sounds like a good explanation except for the fact that PerfectDisk has never had such a limitation. I have been completely defragging drives for years that only had 2 or 3% free space left and that was a feat that Diskeeper or O&O could never accomplish despite PerfectDisk's ease in doing so.

If Diskeeper can do it now, that's great, but PerfectDisk has had that feature as one of its bullet points for years.

Looks like Diskeeper still isn't certified for Windows 7 yet, either. PerfectDisk is.

As for free space requirements, all defrag apps I've seen take longer time (and shuffle data around more) when there's not "enough" free space.-f0dder (August 06, 2009, 10:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I fully expect a time trade-off when my drives are full to near-capacity, but don't go through the motions like Diskeeper does & when its finished the drives aren't completely defragged because Diskeeper can't handle the task of nearly full drives.

I don't like to run my drives nearly full, but sometimes it's just a reality. PerfectDisk can handle that. Diskeeper (at least in the past) can't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version