ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Misbehaving Tray Icon

<< < (3/3)

AndyM:
If I set a system restore point prior to running the script(s), would that keep things safe, just in case?
-siouxdax (April 07, 2009, 06:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

That, and a full image backup before you do anything worrisome (belt and suspenders)  :)

PhilB66:
It's a .reg file on line 54. Just right click on it and then "save as.." to your desktop. Just backup the registry before running the scripts and merging the information in the .reg file if it makes you feel at ease.

lanux128:
… When I start up my desktop, its (pointless) icon appears in the system tray. The issue is that when I set the icon to always hide (see attachment), it will not remember this setting, and therefore shows back up in the tray (unhidden) when I next restart. A friend of mine thinks this is due to the fact that in the "customize notifications" section of "taskbar and start menu properties" (again, see attachment) the item is listed as "<no title>" …-siouxdax (April 07, 2009, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

there are some very good tools that can permanently hide the icon. take a look in the following threads..

• Tray Management Utility
• Tray Management Utilities Mini-Review

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version