ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Auto Set Low Priority Program for XP, etc...

<< < (2/2)

f0dder:
I haven't used Process Tamer in a while, but I'm pretty sure you could accomplish this with it. Process Tamer has an option for making itself and Task Manager high priority.

Then just adjust the options so that anything above 1% or something will lower the process. Something like that ought to do it for you.
-Deozaan (March 22, 2009, 09:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Kinda silly though, as it doesn't help performance - and could in fact hurt performance. Consider a well-written application that does number crunching, and has set it's crunching-thread to BELOWNORMAL priority. By setting all process/thread priorities to BELOWNORMAL, all applications will be battling at the same priority level, rather than running normally and giving the heavy number-crunching thread less attention. This could result in GUIs performing sluggishly etc.

It's best keeping normal threads at normal priority, and only assigning lower priority to those ill-behaving processes that gobble up CPU and don't lower their own priorities.

SleepingWolf:
Prio allows this (you'll have to do a bit of work though unless there is a Select All option). I have not tested it yet though. I'm inclined to agree with the others.

"Prio - Priority Saver 1.99 - program allows you to save the priority you specify for any process"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version