ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Acronis 40% Christmas Discount

(1/2) > >>

Jibz:
Just got this from Acronis:

Holiday Discount — 40% off on all products

And also have a 40% off holiday discount on all our award-winning Home and Home Office products and upgrades!

To get this special discount:
1.   Just open our online Home and Home Office store
2.   Put ANY product/products or upgrades into the Shopping Cart
3.   Simply type the special promo code CHRISTMAS in a promotional code field in the Shopping Cart and click "Submit":

That's it! A couple of mouse clicks, and you have this incredible Christmas discount!

You can also tell your friends and colleagues about this exclusive promo code.
Anyone can use it! Isn't it a good holiday gift?

--- End quote ---

http://www.acronis.com/

m_s:
You beat me to listing this  ;)

Tell me, is this worthwhile?  The other deal is $100 off their Privacy Expert, Disk Director, and True Image in one - so that's $60 for the three programs (plus a support ticket worth $30).  I am broke as always (I earn too little money - anybody want to sponsor me while I finish my re-training?  I'm a pretty good and experienced writer...), but if this is as good a deal as it sounds, I can borrow some money... Any opinions?

f0dder:
Oh, pretty nice Jibz!

Just ordered 10 copies of TrueImage for the museum I do admin stuff for, easier than sending a fax to them which would only have gained me a 10% discount anyway :)

Carol Haynes:
I am using Acronis products these days (TrueImage and DiskDirector). They have released new versions of both recently, and TrueImage in particular came in for a caning over poor debugging.

It still isn't perfect. I have images that verify happily when examined from windows but won't verify from the recovery disc - a serious issue if you OS partition goes down and needs to be recovered since it won't restore anything if it thinks the archive is corrupt.

f0dder:
Yes, I've heard about people having these kinds of problems - luckily I haven't experienced any yet with my evaluation version (Acronis sent me an ISO image when I asked about some specific hardware support - nice having an "official looking" email address and "interested in purchasing 10 licenses" :)). I've verified the images from both windows and their boot-time thingy, which has succeeded. Never had to restore a full image yet, but "plugging" images from windows has worked.

I dunno if the problems people have are to be attributed to Acronis code, or the fact that their boot-time system is linux based... :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version