ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Freeware Image Organizer (Especially Tags/Keywords)?

<< < (8/11) > >>

TomColvin:
Some years back I started using SmartPix, back when there wasn't much else available.  I haven't kept up with my photo cataloging for over a year, but must return to that task soon.  this has been a useful thread for me -- I'll check out all of them.  BUT if smartPix still seems powerful enough, I'll stick with it, as I already have some much of my collection cataloged in it.

rgdot:
Does anybody know how the above mentioned Viewer2 opens folder or multiple ones for that matter? I tried it and I have to open an image then right click and cycle through the files in the same folder.

zevel:
Is there a program that can handle very large numbers of files (say, 100K), allow me to tag individual images as well as groups and/or folders with keywords/labels/categories, store the tags within the image metadata (IPTC) so that manually moving them around will not confuse the program and quickly search and display subsets by keywords and other criteria?

Built in image similarity detection will be a plus.

Lashiec:
XnView can do everything you ask AFAIK, excluding the ability to handle such huge number of pictures with ease, and mostly because I don't have so many to test :)

Mr.G:
these are all great suggestions! thanks for everybody's input.  if i may take it one step further  from just cataloging to a more professional usage - any suggestions on a program that shows your individual photos along with its tags/keywords and extra info like model release and photo resizing and costing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version