ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Macro Express - MiniReview

<< < (2/5) > >>

rjbull:
I'm a registered user of Macro Express pre-Pro.  Aren't they offering an upgrade at reduced price?  I'd find it hard to justify buying at full price all over again, and I notice the current rather steep $59.95 is only for "a limited time."

cranioscopical:
I'm a registered user of Macro Express pre-Pro.  Aren't they offering an upgrade at reduced price?  I'd find it hard to justify buying at full price all over again, and I notice the current rather steep $59.95 is only for "a limited time."

-rjbull (March 22, 2009, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
I just looked it up... my copy of Pro was at a reduced price when I upgraded from MEx 3.x.  That was in December.  I probably found out about it through their newsletter.  Why not ask them, they're nice enough to deal with?

tomos:
-rjbull (March 22, 2009, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

they do have upgrade price via the buy page (?)
http://www.macros.com/orderupgpro.htm

rjbull:
they do have upgrade price via the buy page (?)
-tomos (March 23, 2009, 03:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Didn't spot that, thanks.  I think I'll probably pass, though.  The upgrade price is rather high, and I don't really understand the extras anyway...

[edit]
Hmm.  DC discount looks same as upgrade price, but, maybe I'll use the DC discount to grab a copy of PRO (which would be a new license), install that where I work, and install the "amateur" version at home...
[/edit]

goggin:
I'm a long time fan of Macro Express. Tried many others, including many versions of Automate up thru v6.xx. Macro Express is consistently better than all the others + actually cheap considering how much I use it.

How much do I use it? Well, it's tyically the first or second app I install on a new machine...it's that essentail! I use it to enter long email addresses with shortcut keys...and just do all sorts of things that normally require multiple keystrokes. It's been well maintained over the years with fairly regular updates.

It's a gem!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version