ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Macro Express - MiniReview

<< < (4/5) > >>

wraith808:
What I mainly use DA for is to launch applications and websites with quick combinations of keys, i.e. `out launches outlook.  I know it has other functions, but I've never gotten into them, and was wondering if ME had a better interface to process things other than launching applications/websites.

cranioscopical:
What I mainly use DA for is to launch applications and websites with quick combinations of keys, i.e. `out launches outlook.  I know it has other functions, but I've never gotten into them, and was wondering if ME had a better interface to process things other than launching applications/websites.
-wraith808 (April 07, 2009, 03:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think so, it's invisible for one thing. 

For your main DA stuff (above) I happen to use 'shortkeys' using two-letter (or more) combinations starting with 'q'.  So, wherever I am (in whatever window, on the desktop, 'qdc' gets me to DonationCoder. FWIW, I'll attach examples of two quick ways to set up launching URLs. The first, using a 'wizard', is as simple as putting the address into the requester, the second is through the scripting interface (which, in the example, gets me to DC using Firefox).

For other stuff, a couple of keys will, for example, gather and back up a whole bunch of stuff from here there and everywhere on my machine; or create and shoot off an email; or gather data from one source, then massage it some, then call up the appropriate Adobe app to pretty it up, then... etc.  There's a lot one can do with ME.  (It'll also record your actions if desired.)

Can I suggest that perhaps the best way to get a feel for the interface look and feel, and for the depth of ME is to view the tutorials referenced in the review?

Macro Express - MiniReview

Hope that helps.

rjbull:
I just re-read this thread, following cranioscopical's post here: Re: ATNSOFT Key Manager, Key Remapper, Text Paster - 30% Discount Coupon Code

Just wanted to add: last August (2009) I asked Insight Software if they had plans to make a portable USB version of Macro Express.  They replied they had a portable version under active consideration, but were short of time, and couldn't give a definite time frame for when it would be available.

cranioscopical:
Good point, rjbull!

delwoode:
I tried Macro Express pro but prefer Vtask studio - however I now find I dont use either as Autohotkey does everthing I want and has more options/flexibility. IT's also free.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version