ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Rambooster. Junk?

<< < (12/13) > >>

mrainey:
learning is fun ....sometimes.
--- End quote ---

I can appreciate that line!

bit:
So.......is RamBooster junk, or what's a good RAM manager?

justice:
-bit (February 05, 2014, 04:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes; recent version of Windows.

bit:
-bit (February 05, 2014, 04:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes; recent version of Windows.
-justice (February 05, 2014, 05:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
IOW, Windows 7 does a perfectly good job automatically?

mwb1100:
Any discussion of "RAM management" software for Windows reminds me of the marketing success of  Syncronys Software's SoftRAM followed by devastating findings of outright fraud:

In December 1995, the German computing journal c't disassembled the program and determined that it did not even attempt to do what it was meant to do.[4] In fact, the data passed through the VxD completely unaltered so that no compression whatsoever could have taken place. The actual drivers were in fact slightly modified versions of code examples taken from Microsoft's "Windows Development Kit". Still, the program would try to pretend that it increased system resources, by silently increasing the size of the swap file on Windows 3.1 and by giving false information on the current state of the system.-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SoftRAM#FTC_investigation
--- End quote ---

I think that most RAM management software probably has little real effect on most systems. I'd suggest steering clear unless you're certain that you'll benefit (and prove that out with testing).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version