ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Rambooster. Junk?

<< < (3/13) > >>

siouxdax:
Off-topic:
Ack! Josh, I've been wanting to squish your avatar! Every time I see it I get fooled. :)

Josh:
Process programs exist for another reason. If you are referring to stuff like Process Explorer, then yes, you missed the big thing these programs offer. They make system management that much easier because you can get path names of executable files, find out kernel usage of applications, and various other statistics about the OS.

Clearmem and memory utilities like that claim big performance increase yet all they do is force windows to page all data to disk (the swap file). This then slows down the system when running processes have to re-read said data from disk. It's an old argument which might have held true through NT4, but since Win2K/XP, it has no valid purpose in the modern computing era. Unless of course you are app103 and running Windows ME ;-)

siouxdax: Ain't it great :)

cmpm:
CleanMem does not claim big performance increase.

Darwin:
Let's all try to remember not to be too personal in stating our opinions. I happen NOT to think RAM cleaning/optimizing/defragging applications have any real use today, but that is just my opinion. If cmpm uses such an applicaiton and is happy with the result, leave him (or her?!) be!

:)

cmpm:
Naw, I didn't take it personal.
It helps my old clunker.
On a newer machine it may not matter.
This one I have thinks slower then the newer ones.

And I just stated a fact.
While others claim great performance gain,
CleanMem does not.
Just a smoother ride.

So I don't take it personally.
Heck, you can see how fodder and I get along!
:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version