ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

dvd burner crisis

<< < (7/8) > >>

PaladinMJ:
if its any consolation I end up paying 50-85$ import fees for some of the music i listen too lol

steeladept:
Sorry that I missed this so long ago  :huh:

To me, the simple answer of not wasting the disks troubleshooting is to use a RW disk.  Did I miss that somewhere?  That said, I agree with pretty much everything else said here about replacing usually being easier and cheaper than the time spent troubleshooting the issue if a simple firmware upgrade doesn't work.

CleverCat:
I agree steeladept - I only use RW for myself!if its any consolation I end up paying 50-85$ import fees for some of the music i listen too lol
-PaladinMJ (April 19, 2009, 04:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yikes - better be good music!  ;D

I replaced my Burner only to discover it was my MOBO it's last legs - new MOBO and CPU is in the pipeline (have to get both as MOBO too 'old' at 4 years) - Thank goodness I have a good friend who builds PC's and can do at cost!  :Thmbsup:

cranioscopical:
as MOBO too 'old' at 4 years-CleverCat (April 19, 2009, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
I bought a new monitor a few days ago for a backup machine.
Thought I'd update the video driver.
The two-year-old video card is now 'legacy' equipment with no driver updates.

I guess it's fair enough, the card still does all I'll ever want from it, and more.

Do you recall the days, before computers, when one bought a decent piece of equipment and expected to enjoy it for life?

[/oldfart]

CleverCat:
Same here - my 2 year old Video Card has no updates!

When we came to SA over 30 years ago we bought a small Toshiba Fan - still works! And we used it almost 15 hours a day in Summer until we recently bought a remote control fan on a stand, which will probably last a couple years!  ;D

My Mum's still going after 81 years....  :Thmbsup: ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version