ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

External Drive Content Lister?

(1/2) > >>

siouxdax:
Hello all:
A couple/few years ago I used a program that would take a "snapshot" of my external hard drives, so that I could quickly view a list of its contents. I couldn't open the actual files; I could only see a list or a "table of contents", if you will.

My issue is that I can't remember the name of the software. Does anyone know about this? Or any software that would do this? As always, any help is very much appreciated.

tomos:
You could have a look at the List of Disc Catalogers thread - but that has a list of about 200 programmes that can do what you ask LOL

But I'm sure someone will recommend one for you!

rjbull:
Maybe Cathy?

An extremly small, very fast and easy to use media cataloging tool. You can use it to index files stored on removable media (CD's, DVD's or even diskettes), hard disks or net drives, and create searchable catalogs that can be used without having access to original media. Searching capabilities are based on file name, date and size. Additional features include filtering options, search duplicates or singles, customizable date format, etc. Found files can be opened (executed) or deleted directly, if they are present. Drag&drop support. Directory trees, MP3 album/song lists can be printed, disk space usage can be investigated. Single file executable, no install needed.

--- End quote ---

tomos:
Maybe Cathy?-rjbull (March 17, 2009, 05:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

updated in the last couple of weeks I see!

rjbull:
Maybe Cathy?-rjbull (March 17, 2009, 05:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

updated in the last couple of weeks I see!
-tomos (March 17, 2009, 05:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

WebSite-Watcher is very useful for checking updates  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version