ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Bookmarks, I am frustrated

<< < (4/7) > >>

CarpeAnnum:
If you use FireFox you may check Zotero http://www.zotero.org/

kartal:

Saving pages and trying to organize them under folders is not very convenient when it comes to creating a scrapbook repo at all.

I do not like any form of online syncing which includes Foxmark. Also Foxmark offers only bookmarking. no scrapbook solution.

Zotero falls into similar category as others I have tried. It is great for local archieve but local network syncing-sharing is not possible. The latest betas offer syncing but that is done via their servers which sounds very inefficient(considering that one might have a 1gb of web repo). The other reason why online syncing sucks is that many times you have no idea what kind of rights they will hold to your data in the future. Many companies let you sync stuff for free because they like to data mine and they would like to sell or make your data part of the deal in the future in case of changing ownership.

I really hope that people would be more careful about what they are giving away for free like that when it comes to online services.

I guess I don't understand the request.

Seems you could put Firefox on your server and save pages with firefox as you require. Using Firefox from your server on any machine hooked to it.

Or have a central folder on your server for saved pages using any program or plugin you like. Saving to a network places folder or some folder in firefox.

Weave is coming out soon though it is not ready, waiting for the newer versions of firefox. But that's using their servers I'm sure. Foxmarks works fine for me, being able to set my bookmark structure in any fashion I like.
-cmpm (March 19, 2009, 10:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

kartal:
Hi

I will give it a go for second time. I might have mixed with another application, sorry about that.

I wanted to try the free version but it looks like it tries install to some other programs which I have not liked it, so gave up on that one. And you cannot try the pro version so it is useless for me.
-kartal (March 17, 2009, 11:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, which programs does it install?

If you use the original setup (eg. from www.aignes.com), then no additional programs are installed. Neither for the free edition nor for the PRO edition...
-aignes (March 19, 2009, 07:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

kartal:
Ok this one looks like it could be an alternative but the thing is that there is no way for me to test the sharing the database issue among other computers with the free version since the database folders are locked in free version.  And it is not very cheap application either at least for my wallet. So I cannot just buy and hope that it would work.

I wanted to try the free version but it looks like it tries install to some other programs which I have not liked it, so gave up on that one. And you cannot try the pro version so it is useless for me.
-kartal (March 17, 2009, 11:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, which programs does it install?

If you use the original setup (eg. from www.aignes.com), then no additional programs are installed. Neither for the free edition nor for the PRO edition...
-aignes (March 19, 2009, 07:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

rjbull:
And it is not very cheap application either at least for my wallet.
-kartal (March 31, 2009, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

kartal, you just missed the March 2009 DC discount, 30% on LWA!  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version