ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommend a good freeware spam filter for Outlook 2007?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Deozaan:
I used SpamBayes in the past but the best spam filter I've ever used is Gmail.

Darwin:
Note - as PCMag.com recently noted (absolutely cannot find the link, offhand), SpamBayes does take a week or so to get set up - it has to be trained/train itself to filter your mail. Just a word to the wise  :)

40hz:
Note - as PCMag.com recently noted (absolutely cannot find the link, offhand), SpamBayes does take a week or so to get set up - it has to be trained/train itself to filter your mail. Just a word to the wise  :)
-Darwin (March 16, 2009, 06:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Spambayes is at: http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/windows.html  :Thmbsup:

Carol Haynes:
Vote 2 for Google Mail. Just make sure you check your spam folder regularly.

I used to recommend POPfile, and if you want to do all your email in Outlook and only in Outlook I would still recommend POPfile. It takes a short time to learn but once it does it is incredibly accurate and has the added benefit of allowing emails to be intelligently classified any way you want (not just Spam/not Spam but as many categories as you want).

I tried SpamBayes and it does a reasonable job but IMHO it doesn't learn as well or work as accurately as POPfile - it is also considerably less flexible.

CWuestefeld:
+1 for SpamBayes; it's what I use on my work PC (where I don't have KIS installed).

On one hand, POPFile is more accurate, but on the other, it's difficult to train. Because SpamBayes integrates into Outlook, you can train it with a simple toolbar click for each message. POPFile requires you to go into a separate web page to locate the message that needs training.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version