ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Bat: Great program, terrible documentation and support

<< < (20/21) > >>

mouser:
whenen a mail is sent you will find it in Sent subfolder. if it FAILS to send it will still be in Outbox.  I dont think there are exceptions to this.
you can also select an email account and hit ctrl+shift+A to bring up log which should show you any mail sent or received.

superboyac:
whenen a mail is sent you will find it in Sent subfolder. if it FAILS to send it will still be in Outbox.  I dont think there are exceptions to this.
you can also select an email account and hit ctrl+shift+A to bring up log which should show you any mail sent or received.
-mouser (December 12, 2011, 09:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Whoops!
I used the wrong account to send it.  Found it!
So embarrassing...
Sorry everyone, totally uncalled for.

superboyac:
I need to watch my overreactions.  They never seem to be very accurate at all.

superboyac:
I'm beginning to think the Bat folk will never improve their editor features.  This Microed thing drives me nuts.  It's the only editor option in the program that works well as far as the automatic formatting features (like the way quotes are displayed, etc.) but functionally for everything else it's a nightmare.  Word wrapping is horrendous, unintended tabs and line breaking nuisances.  And it's Microstar compatible?  Who cares?  Microstar isn't even around anymore, nobody gives two shits about Microstar.  But the other editor options like html just aren't very good as far as the formatting features.

Let me tell you, over the past several years, the developers have done very very little to improve the program.  It's not as bad as I make it seem; the program still works and everything.  But you would like to see it "catch up" just a little bit with the times.  And I'm sure they have their own economic troubles, etc.  But the program really hasn't made many changes over even 5 years, hardly anything.  Changes for the Bat that took them 3 years to do, I've seen coding snack developers on these forums do in a matter of hours or days.  That's how slow they are.

J-Mac:
I'm beginning to think the Bat folk will never improve their editor features....  

....Let me tell you, over the past several years, the developers have done very very little to improve the program.  It's not as bad as I make it seem; the program still works and everything.  But you would like to see it "catch up" just a little bit with the times.  And I'm sure they have their own economic troubles, etc.  But the program really hasn't made many changes over even 5 years, hardly anything.  Changes for the Bat that took them 3 years to do, I've seen coding snack developers on these forums do in a matter of hours or days.  That's how slow they are.
-superboyac (December 22, 2011, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

This sounds like me exactly when I was bitching loud about the same kind of slide I experienced with Pocomail! At one time it was way ahead of its time, with templates; their fantastic Quote Bar; skinnable with color options that made sense - you could use it to make filters more clear; and tight security left over from a time when A-V's ddidn'thelp much with infected email. However they just stopped all development and though they are still barely alive today, Pocomail still has no HTML support with forwarding or replies, virtually NO IMAP support (they still claim that IMAP will never catch on....    !!

Alas, I truly fear that the days of the email client are dead. Heck, email itself is barely surviving. I don’t think that any developer is going to pour much in the way of resources into an email client, so The Bat and Pocomail will go the way of Eudora.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version