ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Bat: Great program, terrible documentation and support

<< < (2/21) > >>

Darwin:
There is a corollary to this, thougu, Aram: compare The Bat!'s documentation to the documentation provided for Directory Opus - they've gone in the other direction and have produced such a comprehensive users manual that it's VERY intimidating when you need to dip into it. So much so, that I've never really made much use of it, getting tips and pointers on their users forum instead. But then, I'm one of those people (men) that don't really like to use the instructions when I build things, either...  :o

Darwin:
Wow - posted the above and then noted your latest post about being banned from the Bat! forums - how do you know/what makes you think you've been banned? The two posts you linked to are very innocuous  :huh:

superboyac:
Wow - posted the above and then noted your latest post about being banned from the Bat! forums - how do you know/what makes you think you've been banned? The two posts you linked to are very innocuous  :huh:
-Darwin (March 13, 2009, 03:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've been banned because now I can't create a new thread, reply to any threads, or even modify my own threads...with a message in red saying I don't have enough permission to do so.  I've been banned.

Then i saw their forum "rules":
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/forum/read.php?FID=4&TID=6975

Which are really stupid rules to have for a support forum.  Don't talk about bugs?!  That's just a dumb rule.

As far as Dopus, yes, it is rather intimidating.  But with them, at least they have a really nice forum where you can find answers relatively quickly.

Darwin:
-Darwin (March 13, 2009, 03:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've been banned because now I can't create a new thread, reply to any threads, or even modify my own threads...with a message in red saying I don't have enough permission to do so.  I've been banned.

Then i saw their forum "rules":
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/forum/read.php?FID=4&TID=6975

Which are really stupid rules to have for a support forum.  Don't talk about bugs?!  That's just a dumb rule.

As far as Dopus, yes, it is rather intimidating.  But with them, at least they have a really nice forum where you can find answers relatively quickly.
-superboyac (March 13, 2009, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed about the friendly fourm. Sorry about your experience with RitLabs - that SUCKS. Agree, too, that the forum rules are dumb. Has anyone contacted you? Seems a bit draconian to ban you for two such minor infractions. You don't even get a warning?

mahesh2k:
What ? Superboyac- got pwned from "The-Bat forums"?  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version