ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Text Editor

Interesting - I'll have to try a couple

(1/1)

Renegade:
I use EditPlus and have for years. My primary reason is the syntax highlighting - it's just far superior to UltraEdit in that regard. The reason for syntax highlighting being so important to me is that I often have to work with a lot of stuff, and being able to clearly and easily see things is invaluable - it saves me a lot of time and effort. I can scan a page/file very quickly and see what I want in a tenth the time it would take me with UltraEdit or some other editors that don't have such strong syntax highlighting.

Also, it has good regular expressions in it. I would like better regex in it, but it's still better than some, and still nicer to use than UltraEdit there because UltraEdit uses it's own regex language.

One real limitation to EditPlus is that it can only handle up to 255 MB (or is it 127?) files, but UltraEdit can handle much larger. This is not common, but when you need it - you need it.

I think I'll try that PSPad though. Mostly for the HEX functionality that EditPlus is missing. That was a good nugget to find.

Cool review. I'll have to revisit a few things in there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version