ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

cannot play ripped music files

<< < (7/7)

techidave:
I never thought about looking for a drm removal tool and apparently no one else did either until now.

and this thread is a little over a year old too.

steeladept:

New album: http://www.shupe.net/product_info.php?idnum=63 Brand New Shoes
 (see attachment in previous post)
$12.95
PostHeeHawFunkadelicHipHopNewGrass in its finest form!
--- End quote ---

-Curt (July 12, 2010, 03:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

COOL.   :Thmbsup:

Unecessary threadjack.  Open only if you don't care that it doesn't apply to the original post at all  :P

SpoilerUp till this came out, we had all the albums he put out.  The most interesting part to me was how I learned of him.  Back in the late 90's/early 2000 time frame I got an IOmega microdrive/MP3 player (can't remember what is was called).  Anyway, it came with a 40MB microdisk that had sampler music on it and BanjoBoy was one of those songs (along with a few other good ones I can't recall at the moment).  They were all "no name" artists at the time and I really took to Ryan Shupe.  Enough to look it up and find out he had 4 or 5 albums (I don't count Live since it is just a live release of Simplify - well, more or less).  We got all of them at the time.  Actually I see there are two we are missing now - Brand New Shoes (just released) and it's predecessor, Last Man Standing.  Not counting those two, though, as an album I liked Simplify best.

superboyac:
I see no good solution for your situation if you don't have the cd's anymore.  wma's suck, I'd never ever use them.  For me, there are only two options: lossless, or mp3.  If you go lossless, just use FLAC files or APE or something like that, and if you want compressed files, use mp3 (LAME encode).

dbpoweramp is a brilliant piece of software.  As a last minute rescue, go on the original computer and use dbpoweramp to convert all those wma's to mp3, and transfer those to the new computer.  You will lose a lot of quality in the conversion, but that's all I can think of.  You can also use another software to do it, but dbp is really easy to use and amazing.

Or, you can download the songs pre-ripped from any of several online places.  That would probably be the better option, but it may cost you a little!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version