ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: make folder set out of a txt file

<< < (14/16) > >>

binichnich:
Hello,

i like your app very much. Could you tell me if following customisations would be possible:
- decide in the config file if the button "text file" or the button "manual" should be the standard
- decide in the config file if after starting the app the button create folder is automatically clicked and the app is automatically shut down?
  this would help because i have to write the same folder structure again and again!

Maybe this is possible
Thanks!!!!

EDIT: I found the option to add something to the command line
I tried to add this to a link to the .exe and added the root path , a input file and the [-q]

The -q didn't work in that way. And also a problem is the root path: I added the link to the send to and want to ann the structure to the right-clicked folder.
But if i have defined a root folder that dowsn't work!!!

Could you have a look at this?

Attronarch:
Just wanted to say that I've been using «Text 2 Folders» on Windows 10 a lot lately, and everything works perfect.

mouser:
Featured on ILoveFreeSoftware today:
http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/13/windows/file/methods-to-restore-a-directory-structure-from-a-text-file-backup.html

ambienthtc:
I Want to see if someone might help me sort an UNC issue im having with text2folder.  I have set my batch file to run from the right click windows context menu so I can run it on any folder I want and it works perfect for drives that have drive letters. But gets this type error DONE: make folder set out of a txt file when I try to run it on a mounted drive without a drive letter.  It is getting the path and adding its own drive letter but it is adding <> around the path and this is causing text2folder to error out on line#423.

So I need ideas on how to eliminate the <> when the %cd% runs in my batch file.  I have tried Pushd and popd but could not get that work yet either.
Since I am running it as a contextual menu item I have both a registry entry and my batch file and here are both of them

--- ---Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cadastralfolders]
@="Create Cadastral Folders"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\cadastralfolders\command]
@="cmd.exe /s /k pushd \"%V\\\"&call \"\\\\server2\\data structured\\PROJECTS\\CADASTRAL NETWORK\\Text2Folders\\cadastralfolders.bat\" \"%V\" \"exit\""

--- ---@echo off
start "" "\\SERVER2\Data Structured\PROJECTS\CADASTRAL NETWORK\Text2Folders\Text2Folders.exe" "%cd%" "\\SERVER2\Data Structured\PROJECTS\CADASTRAL NETWORK\Text2Folders\cadastral folder stucture.txt" -q
exit

darkkrarasu:
I was wondering if it'd be possible to change the folder icon? With custom made icons?

That way when I generate folders I can have each generation to be set as different folder icons... Currently, I am forced to manually change them individually... (win1064bit insider preview)

I am aware that all images would need to either be saved as .ico formats or converted to said format. Hence the request for the feature.

Or better yet add a color option per folder generated. Example #-Z or A-Z if you prefer, A=Blue, B=Green, C=Red etc.   Or 1-12 folders = custom folder font color Blue 13-25 folders = Red, etc...

Just think it'd be a nice feature to add... Lol, well I guess feature's now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version