ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: make folder set out of a txt file

<< < (11/16) > >>

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.1.1 - 2014-01-05
    + Added option to add a "(1)", "(2)", etc., to the end of duplicate folder
      names.  (Thanks, Kevin H.)
    + Added a note to the help text that if you use Unicode characters in your
      text file, to make sure you're saving it in UTF-8 format.
    * Moved the "Send to" menu shortcut creator option from the menu to the
      Options tab.

zwow:
awesome app~

it would be nice if it recognize number range :-*

for example:
Sc01\S01
Sc01\S02
Sc01\S03
Sc01\S04
Sc01\S05

to

Sc01\S[01-05]

skwire:
it would be nice if it recognize number range :-*-zwow (January 17, 2014, 04:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi, zwow, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.  I think your request might be a little out of scope for this app.  However, if you're interested, I can show you how to easily create such a list using my List Numberer application.  You could then paste said list into Text 2 Folders.

zwow:
yes pls show me how you do it. i had downloaded but no idea how to use it

nosch455:
Hello,

New to the DonationCoder and to Text 2 Folders here. Like some others, I'm a photographer and creating the same set of folders for each event I shoot is tedious. Using Text 2 Folders, I can create a root folder and have the subfolders I use in an event created, without having to go through one-by-one and type in the names.

I do have a question though: is there any way to create subfolders with the root folder's name as a prefix?

A typical event for me will look like:
Root folder: yyyy_MM_dd-[event type]-[client name]
Sub folders: yyyy_MM_dd-[event type]-[client name]-[image type]

For example:
2014_04_28-wed-smith
   2014_04_28-wed-smith-reject RAW
   2014_04_28-wed-smith-master RAW
   etc.

The only way I have been able to attach the date/event/name prefix is to copy and paste it in to the front of my \[subfolder] in the text file or in the manual entry within Text 2 Folders. Eliminating the copy/paste of the root's name would be a huge time saver.

Thanks in advance! It's wonderful to have a accessible program like this with a responsive community working around it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version