ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR Plugin: TimeZone [Update version 1.4.2]

<< < (28/45) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
I had put the TimeZone plugin into a folder called "FARRTimeZone".
-IainB (February 11, 2010, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, yes... that's why the installation instructions say:
Installation
Download the zip file and extract it into FARR's Plugin directory.
--- End quote ---

mouser:
it's my fault really for not automated the procedure of placing a plugin into it's proper place :(

Perry Mowbray:
in dcUpdater?

I thought the dcupdater file had control of where to unpack??

mouser:
no not with dcupdater, im talking about initial unpacking of the plugin by the user.

IainB:
@Perry Mowbray and mouser:
Yes, I put the TimeZone plugin into a folder I created called "FARRTimeZone", in the Plugins directory - the latter being where the installation instructions said to put it. I think the instructions did not define the correct name to be used for the folder that was to be put into the Plugins directory.

Funnily enough, I originally had it named as "TimeZone", but after studying the Plugins directory, I realised that there seemed to be no file-naming convention/standard for the folders in the Plugin directory. I supposed (incorrectly) that the dcupdater (when it was provided for this plugin) would probably be set to look for and use the name "FARRTimeZone" for the folder, since that was how it was sometimes referred to in the notes.

Where mouser indicates above that he had:
"...not automated the procedure of placing a plugin into it's proper place...for initial unpacking of the plugin by the user"
--- End quote ---
- though that (automation) would probably help avoid a repeat of this type of error by myself or others, the problem was no major big deal for me.

I'm still a happy TimeZone user!    :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version