ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Quicktime only available with iTunes

<< < (3/6) > >>

Lashiec:
The page is back to normal, so everyone can "enjoy" QuickTime without the burden of iTunes :P

Dirhael:
The page is back to normal, so everyone can "enjoy" QuickTime without the burden of iTunes :P
-Lashiec (March 15, 2009, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thankfully, we may be able to ditch the entire thing once Win7 comes along as it now has native support for the MOV container (the trailers from apple.com I've tested with in build 7057 all worked just fine without any 3rd party codecs installed) :) Don't know what this'll mean for web content expecting the QT plugin though...

Josh:
--- End quote ---

Thankfully, we may be able to ditch the entire thing once Win7 comes along as it now has native support for the MOV container (the trailers from apple.com I've tested with in build 7057 all worked just fine without any 3rd party codecs installed) :)
-Dirhael (March 15, 2009, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I smell a lawsuit!

Dirhael:
--- End quote ---

Thankfully, we may be able to ditch the entire thing once Win7 comes along as it now has native support for the MOV container (the trailers from apple.com I've tested with in build 7057 all worked just fine without any 3rd party codecs installed) :)
-Dirhael (March 15, 2009, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I smell a lawsuit!
-Josh (March 15, 2009, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hope not, because I loathe all things QuickTime on Windows.

Ehtyar:
WHYYY would you both jumping through hoops trying to find an old version of this useless piece of crap when you can use QuickTime Alternative as mentioned by Zeno Systems with your favorite media player? Insanity!!

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version