topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: XMon Explorer Folder Monitor  (Read 2865 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
XMon Explorer Folder Monitor
« on: March 18, 2009, 10:13 PM »
I've mentioned this utility before but it was kind of buried in an old Coding Snack idea post.  One of the most frustrating things about using Windows for me is closing a nested folder only to realize I have to go back and do something else in the same folder.  I've made some improvements in this MRU list of folders. This version only adds to the list if the folder is the active window for a time, avoiding flushing the list with folders all in the same chain as you click down into a nested folder.  The other improvement, instead of hard-wired to 10 folders max, the maximum is user adjustable in the range 4 to 64 folders. As the maximum number is reduced below the number of folders already listed, the oldest are removed.

You can see a screen shot using the link.  The installer also has another program available that's a launcher but it can work in tandem in that you can "send" folders from it to the XMon application to fill up the list with often used folders to start. This launcher saves lists of folders, shortcuts and exe paths to files like an editor.

One other wrinkle for Vista64 (and it should also work with W7 64 bit) is a "Half Shell" Button that's enabled on 64 bit OS.  Selected folders will be opened using the 32 bit shell.  This allows you to use many Shell Extensions of 32 bit apps that would otherwise not work on 64 bit.

http://www.favessoft.com/XMonShot.jpg

The download link is near the bottom of this page:
http://www.favessoft.com/downloads.html

Hope somebody enjoys using it. :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 10:16 PM by MilesAhead »