ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Facebook: How to Friend Someone Without Showing Your Status Updates

<< < (3/3)

AJay:
I use it some, and not only do I not let certain people see my status updates, you can also prevent them from seeing pictures that your friends post of you (not that I have any to worry about).  I checked once what one of my "closed" friends could see....all he ever sees is when I become friends with someone.  To him it looks like I almost never use Facebook.

You can clamp down on people seeing much of anything.

And to make it easy, I set up a list of friends that I call "Closed".  And I greatly limited what they can see. Whenever someone wants to "friend me", and I don't care for them to see much about me, I just add them to the list, and it's done.

Easy.

superboyac:
And to make it easy, I set up a list of friends that I call "Closed".  And I greatly limited what they can see. Whenever someone wants to "friend me", and I don't care for them to see much about me, I just add them to the list, and it's done.
-AJay (April 01, 2009, 10:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
I do the same thing...except I call it "Family".

mouser:
 ;D ;D ;D

40hz:
I mean, it's kinda neat to see what people are up to and all
-Mandork (March 30, 2009, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have a friend who feels the same way, but he uses a set of old fashioned binoculars. (He lives high up on the side of a valley in California.)

I wonder if he knows any of your husband's friends...
 ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version