ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Duplicate Finder 2009

<< < (2/8) > >>

Curt:
In general it is a very good idea to TEST a program before spelling out any conclusions about it. DF2009 is far more advanced than any previous version, and gives a much better result. You may dislike it for any or for no reason, but Duplicate Finder 2009 is among the very best of the kind.

vegas:
Any company that releases the same program in updated form with a new name, but isn't eligible for upgrade pricing, because its "a new program" or name rather! is shady enough to not be worth a download.  -vegas (June 16, 2009, 10:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

You may think the way you did, but you really shouldn't have said it out loud, at least not the way you did it, implying all sorts of things, without knowing.

Besides, comparing Clonespy with DF2009 is like comparing apples and pears, they are not the same, for the very simply reason that Clonespy doesn't read tags.
-Curt (June 17, 2009, 02:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yah, please excuse me, sometimes my hands contract short-term tourettes from my mouthy noodle.  Without actually being a long term customer it is hard to make any accurate statement about their software or practices.  I'll try better to keep my skepticism's to myself.

Dormouse:
Seems from all that's been said above it is the same company.
If so, it does seem shady for the new program to be launched in its own, new website with no mention of it on the old one. If it was just about upgrade pricing, did the old one come with 'lifetime' upgrades promised?

Innuendo:
If it was just about upgrade pricing, did the old one come with 'lifetime' upgrades promised?-Dormouse
--- End quote ---

No lifetime upgrades, but a promise of being able to upgrade at a 50% discount. Not only does this company not want to honor the 50% discount, but since there are no links to the new site or new program on the old site they want to make it as hard as possible for their existing customers to take advantage of any offer at all to upgrade.

And I don't care if a program is the best in its class or not if I cannot trust the company publishing it.

Curt:
- you may think that now I am contradicting myself, but I am in no way a fan of Ashisoft - I like the program, Duplicate Finder 2009, not the company. As a matter of fact, I wrote the owner&author half a year ago and yelled at him that he did not respect his own product!

I agree that there has been some very less-than-fine tactics; I just wanted all to differ between father and son, so to speak!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version