ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Win Patrol Plus (Bits Du Jour- Fri) Chameleon Startup Manager, Startup Organizer

<< < (9/10) > >>

J-Mac:

Trilinea, J-Mac:
You most of all use what functions in Anvir Task Manager?

Best regards,
Evgeni
-evgeni (April 11, 2009, 01:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Evgeni.

I use Anvir Task Manager Pro basically as a replacement for the Windows Task Manager. I have it auto-reduce memory usage by programs, I view what handles and/or strings a program is using or waiting on, I look for invisible windows if I am having a display issue that makes me suspect an invisible window. TMP has a lot of very helpful views and tweaks that I do use. However I use Chameleon for my startup programs.

Jim

evgeni:
Jim

Thanks, I now just think over what functions to add in future Chameleon Task Manager
If there are wishes I will be grateful

Trilinea:
Trilinea, J-Mac:
You most of all use what functions in Anvir Task Manager?

Best regards,
Evgeni
-evgeni (April 11, 2009, 01:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mostly for startup management and for ending rogue tasks.

evgeni:

Mostly for startup management and for ending rogue tasks.
-Trilinea (April 11, 2009, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you!

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

ADDITIONS ABOVE

A Collection of Autostart Locations - Tony Klein (section with Merijn discussion also)
-  The single best security-related startup information article, explaining in layman's terms all the places malwares tries to come onboard for future startups.

Also "Silent Runners" similar help page of "Launch Points" is added.

Codestuff Starter new (05/2009) release, formerly it had been noted that there were no updates since 2006.

FreeFixer added.

Anvir Task Manager freebie special link added.

Chameleon Startup Manager having a free version added.

ProCleaner returns, as Emergency Soft has website with forum and product info.

Trilinea, your info on RegRun and its Startup Optimizer is appreciated and definitely on-thread, and I will add it to the list of special interest programs.  I may try to look at it more, as it may join Anvir as the Startup Manager that is integrated into a wider tool that is worthy of special consideration even in the straight niche of startup managers.   Even if it does not have a freebie version.

Personally I do not think the hope for a freebie should rule your decision too much in this niche. If the freebie fits you fine (e.g. WinPatrol Free, WhatinStartup by NirSoft, Anvir Free and others) excellent .. if you can use the features in one of the commercial programs (e.g. stronger security features in WinPatrol, strong multiple startup configuration and delay management in various programs, more support) then the $ outlay can be well worthwhile.  

Shalom,
Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version