ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Win Patrol Plus (Bits Du Jour- Fri) Chameleon Startup Manager, Startup Organizer

<< < (8/10) > >>

Trilinea:
I'm not sure how to say's this without coming on like a smarty but how about actually trying the instructions I gave you.

I see that you have the Pro version and the setting you are looking at is a completely different setting that does provide for delaying the execution of all items BEFORE it executes them INDIVIDUALLY.

I am not insisting you use the program only trying to help because you stated this was your issue and that you couldn't get support.

J-Mac:
I'm not sure how to say's this without coming on like a smarty but how about actually trying the instructions I gave you.-Trilinea (April 10, 2009, 06:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

No problem. And as I said before I prefer Chameleon so I have no incentive to try your instructions. Also, what I posted is all that I could find when I WAS trying to get ATM Pro to do custom delays. The help pages on their site did NOT mention that option at that time, about two - three years ago. Correspondence with the developer were not very clear or revealing, either. Possibly a language issue, but when originally asked about this he did not offer what you show and he outright admitted that this feature was not yet well developed.

I am not insisting you use the program only trying to help because you stated this was your issue and that you couldn't get support.
-Trilinea (April 10, 2009, 06:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

And that is the truth! If he has developed the feature further, great! But it hasn't been heavily advertised to users. Heck, it's difficult to find out if there is a later version available! (Updates use Version + Build numbers yet download files just use Version numbers).

Jim

Trilinea:
Steven mentions Niva Regrun in one of the previous posts.  RegRun allows you to have "startup profiles" and it even allows you to invoke / chose which profile including "clean boot" during startup. It also has a whole slew of other security tools and it comes in a multitude of versions. It's extremely competent software but I would venture a guess that platinum could be almost overwhelming to some home users because of the extensive features and along with that I think that if it is misconfigured there is potential for it slowing the computer down.
-------------------------
I own Chameleon but the thing I did not like about and it has hopefully changed is that it didn't realize a new program has been added until restart of the OS. If this has changed please let me know because I wouldn't want to misinform anyone.

Partial quote:
Hi, Trilinea
In the new version monitoring is carried out in real time
Best regards,
Evgeni
-evgeni (April 11, 2009, 01:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

See complete response by author Evgeni further down in this thread.
-------------------------

A program that is actually very good and it focuses on just startup functionality and I think it lets you have profiles but I can't say for sure is absolute startup. It hasn't been updated for a while l but I think it probably still one of the best in this category.

Steven I am sorry if  I have strayed off your original topic, I would say that Niva Regrun probably fits into your original description of a paid product that does what you talk about. I am not sure if you've tested it but I saw that you listed it.

Kind Regards,

Trilinea.

J-Mac:
Trillinea,

Chameleon has a "monitoring" setting that is for exactly what you mentioned - the tray icon changes color and pops up a balloon saying a program has tried to add itself to the startup group. You can configure it to remove it or allow it to be added automatically if you don't respond to the alert.

My biggest frustration is that occasionally a program which has a delay assigned will suddenly begin ignoring the delay. Only way to get it back is to remove it and then add it back to startup and reset the delay. However I think this has been established as an XP issue - or maybe a Windows issue. This doesn't happen depending on how the program is added to startup: through the registry or otherwise - I'm not certain what all the details are but it has happened to me on a few occasions. Used to happen with PC Mag's Startup Cop Pro also back when I used that.

Jim

evgeni:
I own Chameleon but the thing I did not like about and it has hopefully changed is that it didn't realize a new program has been added until restart of the OS. If this has changed please let me know because I wouldn't want to misinform anyone.
-Trilinea (April 11, 2009, 12:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi, Trilinea
In the new version monitoring is carried out in real time
It is possible to set up on automatic disable of new programs.
Or automatically to disable programs which constantly add itself in startup.
Also it is possible to forbid changes of options, i.e. the program will return parametres at any changes
At addition detection (or removals) the program will blink in system tray.

Trilinea, J-Mac:
You most of all use what functions in Anvir Task Manager?

Best regards,
Evgeni

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version