ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Win Patrol Plus (Bits Du Jour- Fri) Chameleon Startup Manager, Startup Organizer

<< < (3/10) > >>

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Thanks, Evgeni.

I made the change above, I had Evgeni from Ukraine (oops).

Also Comodo System Cleaner was added above, since they have a startup module and definitely are a solid company for free utilities these days.  Also added Iobit's Advanced System Care Free.

Overall, I think this software category is an excellent example of why suites and utility packages are often less effective than a dedicated program.  WinPatrol Plus really shines on the security issues, Chameleon really is very strong on interface and configuration options.  I'm planing on trying to determine whether I consider the two as overlapping yet complementary.  Also Chameleon and StartEd can use a direct comparison, with the configuration flexibility pluses of Chameleon very much in mind.  I'm beginning to think that WinPatrol Plus is virtually a must-have for the variety and depth and strength of the security protections (more on that planned later).

Shalom,
Steven Avery

TucknDar:
Hi,

I am the developer of the Chameleon Startup Manager.

I wish to add, that version 3.0 beta 1 will be soon available.
Full support for Windows Vista x64 and Windows 7 beta 1.
-evgeni (March 15, 2009, 04:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Happy Chameleon user here. Have to say v3 looks very promising. Thanks for making a good product!

evgeni:
Happy Chameleon user here. Have to say v3 looks very promising. Thanks for making a good product!
-TucknDar (March 15, 2009, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am glad that you liked screenshots.
I finish testing and in a current of 1-2 weeks the program will be available.

TucknDar:
evgeni: For some reason there's a Download full version in the menu bar... what's that about? Clicking it downloads latest version, but it's still there. I'm a registered user (through TrialPay) so a little baffled by this.

evgeni:
evgeni: For some reason there's a Download full version in the menu bar... what's that about? Clicking it downloads latest version, but it's still there. I'm a registered user (through TrialPay) so a little baffled by this.
-TucknDar (March 15, 2009, 10:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have responded by mail, to the address of registration of the program on gmail.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version