ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Samsung's 24 x 220MB/s SSD RAID

(1/7) > >>

nosh:
A viral video picked up by Ghacks.

Somehow, not as impressive as I expected it to be.  :huh:

Edit: Image links to the video.

Edvard:
I thought having 53 programs opened and fully loaded in a matter of seconds was fairly impressive...

Darwin:
Dang, I was pretty impressed! However, given that the computer was running 2GB dedicated video memory and 8 cores, it wasn't that surprising. Made me wonder how this latest generation of SSD's compares to a traditional 7200rpm notebook drive, though... More compelling than the speed, though, for me is the (presumed) be reduced energy consumption, heat generation, and extended battery life.

I thought having 53 programs opened and fully loaded in a matter of seconds was fairly impressive...
-Edvard (March 10, 2009, 02:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

As did I!

nosh:
I can start the four Office (2003) apps together in under a second on my system. I was hoping to see Windows starting up (post BIOS) in a couple of seconds or so.

PS: It took 18 seconds to open 53 programs, the SSDs could handle a load of 36GB, give or take a couple, in that time - surely the programs didn't size up to all that.  ;D
The SSDs were impressive but the system obviously had bottlenecks.

Darwin:
I can start the four Office (2003) apps together in under a second on my system.
-nosh (March 10, 2009, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Out of curiosity - how do you go about starting them all at once and what are the specs on your system? Enquiring minds wan to know!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version