ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

PortableApps - Manage your collection of install-less utilties and usb drive app

<< < (3/3)

Chris:
I also use PStart out of personal preference.
-Ehtyar (March 10, 2009, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I also like PStart with many applications from PortableApps as well as other apps.

Chris

sgtevmckay:
Portable Launchers are also great for another portable item; Portable Harddrives

If you are like me and sometimes a 16 or 32 gig thumb won't do the trick. You can also use your portable launcher from external portable harddrives.
I have a 320GB portable WD, with about 83 gigs of portable software, and another 110gigs of documents, pictures, and pre-preped presentations.

Especially when I travel to give a presentation, I carry it on a portable HDD, and I have almost no limits on th esize of the presentation.

I know that portable launchers push the concept of software on a chip, but I carry my OS and everything on an HDD, and portable app launchers helps me keep very organized while I am on the go.

PAL are not limited to thumbdrives, I have a friend that keeps an 8GB SD drive for his portable Apps.

How do you use your PAP?

Ehtyar:
I also have a portable 500gb hard drive. It has virtually everything on it, because I can't stand finding myself without something when I need it. Not sure what I'd do if I didn't have my portable drive.

Ehtyar.

phillfri:
Portable Hard Drive here too. 160GB Thinkpad USB Portable Secure Hard Drive (physical encryption). After carrying all my data on this USB hard drive for the past year, it dawned on me that I'm collecting a lot of info on there (business and personal) that I wouldn't want someone to be able to have access to if my HDD were lost or stolen. I personally carry my HDD with me 90% of the time, but I don't take it dinner with me when I'm on the road :>)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version