ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Find filenames/folders above certain length and offer to rename them

<< < (22/33) > >>

cranioscopical:
getting a rough working solution is relatively easy (!!) but it's all the little things that take the time (both to implement and to troubleshoot)
-Target (March 27, 2009, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Now there's a metaphor for life as I know it  :)

Curt:
I think 'we' are asking for too much for this app and making the project terribly difficult! Why not simply make an app that will find all the files in question and pass them on to (a virtual folder and-) my default renamer which has been developed and fine tuned for several years?

lanux128:
just for the record, my original request was fulfilled by skwire here. at the same time, Target is keen to practise his AHK programming skill, so he has expanded the original request into a mini-renamer, so to speak. do try out his program as well and if possible, give some feedback to help him out. :)

Target:
an update - I fixed the mid functionality (my bad syntax!!) and I'm working on the MRU (a bit here, a bit there...). 

Resizing the GUI is now possible thanks to Skwire (for incorporating the functionality via Titans's anchor script)

And you can now also load as many folders as you like (though I expect some common sense will apply here...).

Curt - it was never my intention to produce anything like what this seems to have become - I'm not a coder, so these things are an opportunity for me to learn.  There are already many (many!) well crafted and highly capable renaming apps available (I have and use several myself) and I am under no illusion that this is going to turn into a killer tool (or even a capable tool!!).  In fact, I would be surprised indeed if anyone even used it at all (even I probably won't), but that's not the point.  The sheer number of views this thread has generated would indicate that others are getting something out of it as well, though I have no idea what  :o

And if your going to recommend a piece of software (yours or someone else's) it's nice to at least include a name (I couldn't google it 'cos I didn't know what I was looking for) or a link (I visited your website but I don't speak Danish so it didn't help much either...)

skwire:
it was never my intention to produce anything like what this seems to have become - I'm not a coder
-Target (April 03, 2009, 05:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hahaha...yes, you are!  This is how it starts.  =] =] =]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version