ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Find filenames/folders above certain length and offer to rename them

<< < (7/33) > >>

lanux128:
the trim functions are working quite well on files but on the folders. just letting you know, i know it's still WIP. thanks for adding the path box, but a message pops up when i press 'Add files' button.

another way to do it is to add in this line:

--- ---FileSelectFolder, OutputVar, StartingFolder, 2
where '2' means "to provide an edit field that allows the user to type the name of a folder".

skwire:
not sure if there's been a solution or not (it's vewy vewy quiet out there...)
-Target (March 16, 2009, 05:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Apologies, Lanux128 and Target.  I've been busy with Trout code, PlayTime code, both daughter's soccer games and my own hockey games.  =]  It looks like Target has you well in hand.

Target:
yeah, folders might be a bit of problem (if you change a folder name, all the filepaths are changed as well...)

sorry, thought that was what you were asking for as a feed for adding folders (the messagebox was for debugging so it can safely be ignored).  Thinking about it a bit more though I can see a number of problems with this approach (so out it goes... :huh:)

Target:
[Apologies, Lanux128 and Target.  I've been busy with Trout code, PlayTime code, both daughter's soccer games and my own hockey games.  =]  It looks like Target has you well in hand.
-skwire (March 17, 2009, 12:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

no apologies necessary, you gotta do what you gotta do!!

not sure if I'd say I had this in hand though, it's more like a tenous grip on one edge...

I was kinda looking forward to your solution though (I have no doubt it would be both more elegant and more capable than mine)

skwire:
I was kinda looking forward to your solution though (I have no doubt it would be both more elegant and more capable than mine)
-Target (March 17, 2009, 12:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Okay, I'll start writing it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version