ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Find filenames/folders above certain length and offer to rename them

<< < (5/33) > >>

lanux128:
... If a folder is empty, nothing gets added to the listview.  Does that make sense?-skwire (March 11, 2009, 04:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
does that mean i can't rename folders? :( i guess i can live with that.

So, with all that in mind, I still need to know how you want these lengths counted.-skwire (March 11, 2009, 04:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

let me put it this way:
if the program finds this

--- ---<drive>/<folder>/<filename>.<ext>
<drive>/<folder>/<sub-folder>/<filename>.<ext>

it only returns the length of <filename>

but if it finds

--- ---<drive>/<folder>/<sub-folder>
it returns the length of <sub-folder>

finally if it's down to

--- ---<drive>/<folder>
then return only <folder>.

hope that explains things a bit. :)

skwire:
Based on your counting requirements, and talking with mouser, I think I see where my confusion lies.  I've been basing my thoughts and assumptions that you are concerned with fixing full path length or, at the very least, relative path length issues.  From what you suggested in the last post, are you concerned simply with fixing long filenames or foldernames regardless of their parent path?  Is that correct?

lanux128:
From what you suggested in the last post, are you concerned simply with fixing long filenames or foldernames regardless of their parent path?  Is that correct?-skwire (March 11, 2009, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

absolutely, that is what i want. :)

P.S. let me know if you want me to pop by the chat-room to discuss some more..

skwire:
From what you suggested in the last post, are you concerned simply with fixing long filenames or foldernames regardless of their parent path?  Is that correct?-skwire (March 11, 2009, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

absolutely, that is what i want. :)-lanux128 (March 11, 2009, 09:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think we're on the same page now.  Now, since there will be the ability to rename folders, I'd like to restrict this tool to working with only one given folder (and its subfolders) at a time.  The reason is that, if you rename a folder, I can do a simple rescan of the working path to refresh the listview contents.  Does this make sense?  Would this be acceptable?

P.S. let me know if you want me to pop by the chat-room to discuss some more..
-lanux128 (March 11, 2009, 09:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm there almost all the time.  =]

lanux128:
I think we're on the same page now.  Now, since there will be the ability to rename folders, I'd like to restrict this tool to working with only one given folder (and its subfolders) at a time.  The reason is that, if you rename a folder, I can do a simple rescan of the working path to refresh the listview contents.  Does this make sense?  Would this be acceptable?-skwire (March 11, 2009, 11:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, we're on the same wave-length. i only work with one folder at a time, together with sub-folders within it. this solution suits me fine. :up:

i can't get onto the chat-room as much as i'd like to but i'll try anyway. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version