ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

IDEA: Shell extension to show total play time of media clips

<< < (21/41) > >>

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.2.1 - 2010-12-11
    ! The Enter keystroke no longer worked in the menus.  (Thanks, M. Rule)

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.2.2 - 2010-12-28
    ! Fixed toolbar glyph issue under Windows 7.

Curt:
I stopped participating when I read about version 1.2.0:>> * PlayTime now only computes total time when done adding files to the list. This should speed up things when adding very large lists of files<<, because I *thought* this was the opposite of what I wanted from your project. Only now am I thinking that I might have misinterpreted the text, so I ask: If I add some files (to the new version), will the total playtime be shown after each file, or must I first click something / save the file, before it will display the total playtime?
 :tellme:

My wish for the program was and is for the total playtime to be shown at all time, when I create a playlist. I don't add large playlists, only individual audio files.

skwire:
so I ask: If I add some files (to the new version), will the total playtime be shown after each file, or must I first click something / save the file, before it will display the total playtime? -Curt (December 28, 2010, 05:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes.  The change only really comes in play when you drop a huge list of files or if you choose a folder that has a lot of subfolders to recurse through.  I suppose this needs some code explanation.  In previous version, PlayTime would compute the total time EVERY time a file was added to the list.  So, if you had chosen a folder that contained thousands of media files, the total time computation would run thousands of times and this would slow things down as the list got larger and larger.  What PlayTime does now is finish adding files to the list and THEN runs the total time computation.  This results in a HUGE increase in speed when loading a large list.  There is no need to save or do anything.  The only thing you miss is watching the total time increase WHILE it's loading files.  Does that make sense?

Just give the new version a try, I don't think you'll notice much of a difference.

Curt:
-working well.  :)  Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version