ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

last window id

<< < (2/9) > >>

rulfzid:
I hope I'm not stepping on any toes, but I had already come up with a solution, borrowing heavily from the Favorite Folders AHK script (which so many have come to know and love). I basically ripped off the meat of the script and passed it a couple of command-line arguments from FARR. I also tweaked it a tiny bit so that it works in Vista and 7.

You'll find 4 files in the zipped up alias pack:

* FarrFolders.ahk
* FarrFolders.alias
* FarrFolders.exe
* FarrFolders.ico
The AHK script is there in case anybody would like to tweak anything/view source. The alias itself uses the exe for ease of passing command-line parameters.

Basically, unzip the files into your AliasGroups/MyCustom folder. The alias itself is set to "faf", because i find that quick and easy to type and because "ff" kept showing "Microsoft Office" results for me.

Type "faf" into FARR, and you should see the three example folders. If the last window open is an explorer window, command console, or open file dialog, the script will navigate you to the selected folder in that window. If not, it will open a new explorer window.

To add more folders, simply edit the alias from within FARR (or directly in the FarrFolders.alias file). You'll see 3 examples already included:

* Desktop | %ALIASDIR%\FarrFolders.exe %LASTHWND% %MYDESKTOP%
* Program Files | %ALIASDIR%\FarrFolders.exe %LASTHWND% %PROGRAMFILES%
* My Documents| %ALIASDIR%\FarrFolders.exe %LASTHWND% %MYDOCUMENTS%
As you can see, these take the form of:

--- ---<folder_name> | %ALIASDIR%\FarrFolders.exe %LASTHWND% <folder_path>
where <folder_name> is the name of the folder as you'd like it to appear in your results and <folder_path> is the full path to the folder, which can (and should) utilize the FARR virtual folder names as much as possible. Leave the rest of the line the same, obv.

mouser, I was thinking about creating a "faf" alias command to edit the list, but it seems as though if I edit the alias file externally, the list doesn't automatically update the next time I type the alias. I could get it to do so if I manually opened up the "edit alias" box and closed it again, but not otherwise. Is there a way to get it to automatically rescan the alias file and refresh the results list? I'd like to add this functionality.

Till then, enjoy! This alias has already become indispensable to me - I hope it proves useful to others.

nitrix-ud:
mouser, I was thinking about creating a "faf" alias command to edit the list, but it seems as though if I edit the alias file externally, the list doesn't automatically update the next time I type the alias. I could get it to do so if I manually opened up the "edit alias" box and closed it again, but not otherwise. Is there a way to get it to automatically rescan the alias file and refresh the results list? I'd like to add this functionality.
--- End quote ---

try the #filecontents command ;)

mouser:
holy hell it works. that is VERY cool.
now you only need one more element to make this super useful, which is simply to let the user use this alias to activate with ANY folder shown in farr window in this way.  and this is pretty easy to do, let me add it.

couple things you could do in your farrfolders.exe that might help:
if folder passed ends in \ then remove it
if a filename is passed to farr folders, it actually worked for me but triggered an automatic Enter in my file open dialog.

mouser:
here's an additional alias that does what i was suggesting.

so for example, if you have the file open dialog of any program open, now you can bring up far, then search for the folder or file you want, or use directory browsing in farr, and type +fao at the end of your search string and trigger the result -- it will change to that folder or file thanks to the amazing farrfolders.

or type "fao explicit path here" to go to specific folder (but it wont search as you type, for that you need to put +fao)

mouser:
it would be more useful probably to be able to type it at start of string, which could be done with another alias (really i should fix farr so that the +fao can go at begining or end or so that typeing "fao blah" showed a live search, ill add that).

when you combine that with adding a special hotkey to farr to bring up farr with it preloaded with the +fao, what you have is a very very easy way to do live search in any program's file open/save dialog.

very cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version