ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

eBook Reader alternate to Acrobat?

<< < (4/6) > >>

Paul Keith:
For reading, Foxit is too barebones and quirky for me.

Just use Adobe Lite if you don't want to do the work in configuring Adobe Pro.

wraith808:
The one thing to mention about Adobe Lite is that it *isn't* sanctioned by Adobe, but just someone that altered the installer (and doesn't say exactly what was altered).  Not something that I trust, personally...

fhayes:
Another vote here for PDF XChange Viewer (http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer). I uninstalled the bloated Adobe Reader and use this one now. I use the free version, which comes with a fantastic set of annotation tools built in that you can do markups with. Lines, arrows, shapes, stamps, highlight, strikeout, etc..  I use these a lot when corresponding with coworkers and find them to be very useful. It's also lightweight and loads up quickly.

Paul Keith:
The one thing to mention about Adobe Lite is that it *isn't* sanctioned by Adobe, but just someone that altered the installer (and doesn't say exactly what was altered).  Not something that I trust, personally...
-wraith808 (March 30, 2009, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

True but that's also why it could be trustworthy enough. It's just basically an installer where the option to lighten it up has been tweaked for the user already as opposed to looking for instructions. As far as I know, no other tweak has been made to it so it's basically the same installer so it's as safe as the default installer. (meaning unsafe with javascript on)

In fact, it's one of the things I wanted other installers to do. It just can get annoying when you don't know how to tweak a program and no one gives you any visual cues. Also it's more practical that way.

wraith808:
But do you know exactly what he did?  That's what struck me when I saw it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version