ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

eBook Reader alternate to Acrobat?

<< < (2/6) > >>

siouxdax:
Uh-oh... Foxit Reader apparently installs toolbars into your web browser; something I (and most people) detest. Yikes. Maybe Acrobat isn't so bad after all. When I open it, I keep it open if I plan on doing any reading for the day. I'll still check out some other options though.  :)

Thanks all!

app103:
The toolbars are optional. I certainly don't have them and won't add them.

siouxdax:
The toolbars are optional. I certainly don't have them and won't add them.
-app103 (March 06, 2009, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah. Well I skimmed over a couple of reviews and one guy was furious about the toolbar issue. He probably doesn't know how to leave a checkbox alone. I'll give it a shot!

Carol Haynes:
The only thing you do have to be careful of is that some alternative PDF apps kill Adobe Acrobat Professional and you can end up in DLL hell if you are not very careful.

If you aren't going to use Acrobat any more that is OK but if you plan to use it for editing you may want to make sure you have a backup before you try and alternatives. An example of this is NitroPDF which replaces Adobe's files when you install (and doesn't put them back when you uninstall - unless they fixed them since last time I tried it). I have heard of other apps doing the same.

app103:
Foxit Reader doesn't do that and you can use the portable version if you'd like, just to make sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version