topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:09 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Tall tale or true?  (Read 3763 times)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Tall tale or true?
« on: March 07, 2009, 01:44 PM »
Well sports fans, here's the latest from Ken Starks over at the Blog of Helios.

When it comes to Linux geeks, Ken Starks either leads one interesting life, or possesses one of the better imaginations out there.

In this latest post, Ken is allegedly assaulted by an employee of one of the big national support providers. And Ken responds like a true Ninja!

Sunday, March 01, 2009
Tempers Flare as Recession Creeps into Tech Industry

Putting fuel in my truck was the last place I expected to get into a confrontation. Especially concerning Free Open Source Software. I mean, come on..
Link: http://linuxlock.blo...ion-creeps-into.html

Must be really cool to be Ken. I've been doing the 'FOSS thing' for a number of years now. Stuff like this never happens to me! ;D

----

For those of you who don't know about Ken or his blog, he gained quite a bit of notoriety some time back when he published a letter from a teacher accusing him (and Linux) of all sorts of dastardly deeds. There was some discussion of it here ( https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=16136.0 ) and also a lot of other commentary up on the web, which later led to an apology of sorts from Mr. Starks to the teacher in question. ( http://www.theregist...linux_texas_teacher/ ).

<<edit: minor rewrite of the 3rd sentence to correct the dangling modifier.
My GF said she couldn't quite follow "who was who and what was what" from the way it was originally written. :-[ >>

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 11:25 AM by 40hz »

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Tall tale or true?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 11:37 PM »
Reading the comments is almost more fun than reading the blog post! A whole lot of "Stepford" fans there.

Thanks!

Jim

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 11:09 AM »
Reading the comments is almost more fun than reading the blog post! A whole lot of "Stepford" fans there.

Being a resident of CT, I'm with you on that.

Sometimes I think he ought to rename the site The Cult of Helios. ;D

SKesselman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 01:06 AM »

Frankly, I'm a little disappointed in tonight's episode-but then I guess the school teacher shenanigan was a tough act to follow.
Maybe next time.
-Sarah