ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Random (real random) file from folder and subfolders

<< < (12/14) > >>

2muchacid:
Any update on this?

Thanks!

TechSmurfy:
Dude, thank you to the developer of this little program.  It was exactly what I was looking for...

And to answer the question as to WHAT on earth this could be used for:  I have a ton of emulator files for various gaming consoles (Sega, Nintendo, Playstation, etc) all in one folder with various subfolders for each corresponding system and the HUGE selection can be a bit overwhelming when just wanting to select a random game out of the lot.

So, I use the extensions "gb;n64;nes;bin;gg;sfc;smc" to randomly select a game from all consoles... or I can even narrow it down to a specific console.

Thank you for this.  This is extremely useful. :Thmbsup:
-celerygeneral99 (January 14, 2013, 11:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
I just registered to say I was looking for a program like this to do something similar. I'm surprised that there is no demand for this purpose. My only real problem now is... unfortunately I have uncompressed all of my, let's say, games -for the sake of the above argument- to separate folders. Which means that I was looking for a program that picks random FOLDERS instead of files and my guess is that "pickme" cannot be used for folders as it is? Shame.

Nevertheless, I registered just to say thanks for this. I am not aware of similar programs (but if there are, please feel free to indicate them).

EDIT: As a workaround since I can't pick folders, I tried "exe;swf;msi;unity3d" in the file associations. I set a source directory of 1103 subfolders. The program keeps crashing with an error "5". I tried setting another folder to search (its parent directory) and got an error "6" (overflow), after it attempted to ignore the settings and instead scanned all of my drives!

2muchacid:
Anyone working on this?

stuffingcold:
First time in this forum so if I post this in the wrong plcae or anything, let me know.
I started using the program "PickMe" and it is great, only problem is I get an error message when it is going through my music. It goes through all the artists A-E just fine, and picks from them, but then throws this error. (A picture is attached to this post)
Can anyone tell me how to fix this error?
I am running W8 Pro, 64bit.
-TUTRider (June 23, 2014, 04:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
I loved this program on my Windows 7 computer, but once I got a Windows 8 computer I started having this problem - problem also continued when I upgraded to Windows 10.

scancode:
Just leaving this here. I just need to implement drag-and-drop and globbing.

This'll run as-is on Windows, OSX and Linux.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version