ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Random (real random) file from folder and subfolders

<< < (2/14) > >>

Coeluh:
Pick me!
a random file selector(Big yay to weird requests!) (see attachment in previous post) (see attachment in previous post) (see attachment in previous post)Download (VB6 runtimes required)  (see attachment in previous post)
-scancode (March 05, 2009, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
Woow that's AMAZING. You are really good! Nice layout, everything.

I've one feature request. Is it hard to make the files directly drag-and-drop-able? Fromout the list? And maybe a tiny .ini which remembers last location, is that hard too?

And thanks for making me 1 year old.

And some command line request: Via a shortcut and parameter you can define the directory and the filetype. WHen you click the shortcut, it opens (instead of highlights) 1 random picked file.

scancode:
Woow that's AMAZING. You are really good! Nice layout, everything.
-Coeluh (March 06, 2009, 03:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you.

I've one feature request. Is it hard to make the files directly drag-and-drop-able? Fromout the list?
--- End quote ---
Done.

And maybe a tiny .ini which remembers last location, is that hard too?
--- End quote ---
Done, uses the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Pick Me!\Config)

And thanks for making me 1 year old.
--- End quote ---
You're welcome.

And some command line request: Via a shortcut and parameter you can define the directory and the filetype. WHen you click the shortcut, it opens (instead of highlights) 1 random picked file.
--- End quote ---
Done, check the post for instructions.

mouser:
people please remember to send a few credits to the author of a program if you want to support their work and say thank you; just click the gold coin under their name.

subrealms:
I found this page by googling "pick random file" and this little tool was so helpful that I registered to thank the author.  :Thmbsup:

scancode:
The software program could need a fee additional features like the ability to save the preferences
-gHacks
--- End quote ---

It saves them automatically. It wasn't saving the number of results tho. Fixed.

or multiple profiles for different file types, e.g. music, videos and text.
-gHacks
--- End quote ---

Added!

It would also be great if there would be an option to automatically pick and play the first file in the list.
-gHacks
--- End quote ---

There is, via the command line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version