ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Random (real random) file from folder and subfolders

<< < (7/14) > >>

scancode:
Ok but I still think it's not really random. I've click my shortcut to get a random file like 10 times, and i got the same one 4 times and some other one 2 times and another one 2 times. Total files: like 100.
-Coeluh (March 09, 2009, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you running the latest version? It doesn't do that to me!

Try this one.

Coeluh:
Ok but I still think it's not really random. I've click my shortcut to get a random file like 10 times, and i got the same one 4 times and some other one 2 times and another one 2 times. Total files: like 100.
-Coeluh (March 09, 2009, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you running the latest version? It doesn't do that to me!
Try this one.
-scancode (March 09, 2009, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think it is better. Did you do something about the rnd function?

neptitude:
 :Thmbsup: Thanks for this! I've been looking for an app like this for ages, and when I saw it mentioned on LifeHacker, I got a big smile on my face, flew over here and joined up!

I have a request for the app, which actually would sort of help with the "real random" issue Coeluh is talking about. Right now, when you are dragging files out of the list and into a folder you are copying them. If you also had the choice to MOVE the files to the new folder, running PickMe again on the original folder wouldn't be able to have any duplicates! (I know this isn't really what Coeluh is thinking about, but...)

This would be very useful for me, since I'm trying to break up a folder of a couple of thousand images into several sets of 100. Is this possible?

scancode:
-Coeluh (March 10, 2009, 08:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

No! :-P
I made the file extension case insensitive.

I have a request for the app, which actually would sort of help with the "real random" issue Coeluh is talking about. Right now, when you are dragging files out of the list and into a folder you are copying them. If you also had the choice to MOVE the files to the new folder, running PickMe again on the original folder wouldn't be able to have any duplicates!
-neptitude (March 10, 2009, 08:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, gimme a couple minutes. Probably will have to do with right-click dragging :-)

Coeluh:
-Coeluh (March 10, 2009, 08:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

No! :-P
I made the file extension case insensitive.
-scancode (March 10, 2009, 08:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
Does that give more randomness? I thought it wouldn't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version