ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Good Video Player

(1/1)

moranacus:
Does anyone know a good video player that will play all file types like FLV, MOV, and MPG???
I don't like Windows Media Player because I am unable to keep it set on FULLSCREEN when I
click on the videos to play.
I tried KM player but it wouldn't play FLV or MOV files like it said it would.
I also tried VLC player but it wouldn't play MOV files like it said it would.
I don't care if I have to pay for the program.
I just want it to play whatever file I want to play and always open the file in fullscreen.

lanux128:
I tried KM player but it wouldn't play FLV or MOV files like it said it would.-moranacus (May 12, 2009, 04:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

on my PC, KMPlayer can play flv and mov files just fine, what version are you using?

nudone:
maybe you need to associate the file types that aren't playing. KMPlayer should play everything you throw at it.

try dragging and dropping the files that don't play onto an open KMPlayer - if they don't work then something is very wrong.

Dirhael:
Also, it would be wise to rember that MOV is just a container format, not a video codec. Just because some *.mov files works, does not mean that every other will (I was struggling with some "special" files from a digital camera a while back...oh the pain!).

A good start would be to run the files through a utility such as MediaInfo to see what video and audio formats your non-working files actually contains.

moranacus:
Thanks evryone for the replies!!!!
I used the latest version of KM which is 2.9.4.1434.
I finally found a player that would play everything except MOV.
The BS player. I like that player because I can pause the player which a click
of the mouse and do a screen capture. I can also set it so the videos will
play in fullscreen when clicked on.
I also installed the Quicktime player for MOVs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version