ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

#filecontents FILEPATH -- how does it work?

<< < (3/6) > >>

Nod5:
Holy necro thread revival!  :) But on topic I think.

I want to make a FARR alias that first runs an external script and thereafter displays results from that script as a list of files in the regular FARR search results window. Not as a html view.

Request: make the #filecontents virtual string compatible with other, preceding virtual strings and the ;;; command .

I'm thinking of a use case like this:
alias trigger:

--- ---zzzresults:

--- --- | dolaunch appcap C:\script.ahk ;;; #filecontents C:\list.txt
The alias would first run C:\script.ahk which does something and then outputs a newline separated list of filepaths to C:\list.txt . FARR thereafter moves on to the #filecontents command. Which reads list.txt as rows for the alias results box , which are then displayed in the FARR search results window.

Alternative request to achieve the same end result:
Add a new virtual launch string, for example "showfilelist FILENAME", that can be used to import a linebreak separated plaintext list of files to display as search results . Must also be compatible with ;;; and other, preceding virtual strings.

Edit:
I realized this two alias workaround is a way to do it. But a one alias method would be less messy.
first alias:

--- ---zzzresults:

--- ---| dolaunch appcap C:\script.ahk ;;; restartsearch zzxsecond alias:

--- ---zzxresults:

--- ---| #filecontents C:\list.txt

mouser:
I will implement this.. However I believe there is already a virtual command in FARR that launches a command script and grabs the output to show as a result list, which is basically what you are interested in (though in your case your want to have a script that saves to a file and then have farr read that file as a filecontents).

Nod5:
Great to hear. I think virtual commands that ease input/output of this sort can be quite useful, since they enable users to do plugin-ish things with some well crafted aliases and simple Autohotkey scripting (simple compared to learning to code FARR plugins).

I believe there is already a virtual command in FARR that launches a command script and grabs the output to show as a result list-mouser (November 19, 2017, 11:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't see anything on this list would do that
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/help/virtual_launch_strings.htm

Grabbing output from some external process can also be useful. Though when using Autohotkey it is easier/shorter to read from a plaintext file and/or the clipboard.

mouser:
Maybe when I thought of that command I was thinking about Launchbar Commander.. The overlap in functionality is large enough that I often confuse myself between the two of them.. I will check and add the functionality if it doesn't exist yet..

mouser:
I'm embarassed I never got back to this thread; someone just asked for the same functionality in the #donationcoder chat and I, once again, thought it already existed when it doesn't quite.
I will try to get this implemented this weekend, with a single command that will run a script/exe and grab its output as a list of results to show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version