ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

#filecontents FILEPATH -- how does it work?

<< < (2/6) > >>

nitrix-ud:
sorry if i'm not clear enough ;)

take a look at my tiny tutorial to see what i mean :
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=17270.0

Nod5:
Ok, got it now. Then it can't do what I was most hoping for. That is combine the results from the .txt (placed first in the results) AND the results from a FARR search (placed last).

I can see the use of it for other purposes though. But I'm not sure how it makes alias sharing easier... Before, you only needed to do an export and the copy+paste that. With #filecontents you both need to export and copy+paste AND copy the external .txt file.

mouser:
That is combine the results from the .txt (placed first in the results) AND the results from a FARR search (placed last).
--- End quote ---

someone could make an fsubscript plugin to do this very easily i think.

ewemoa:
I'm not sure I'm following Nod5's idea very clearly.

Reflecting on the following bits from the perspective of a plugin implementation:

a textfile (e.g. C:\test\test.txt ) that includes paths to other files. Each such included path is then listed as a result in FARR when the alias runs.

--- End quote ---

That is combine the results from the .txt (placed first in the results) AND the results from a FARR search (placed last).

--- End quote ---

The first bit raises the question of how the plugin finds which file to work w/:

* via a special file extension?
* via a user variable setting made by the user?
* via a specific directory (or multiple directories) to look in?
* or some other means...
The second bit has me wondering about how to ensure that all items from the file (.txt or something else appropriate) appear before all other results.  Very large score inflation?

Any thoughts?

mouser:
ewe,
to keep things simple you might simply:
1) let user specify a filename in the user variables where the result alias will be found
2) let user specify a score to be applied to all of the items, but then return the results such that farr can add its score to that score.

actually now that i type this out, perhaps this would be best implemented in core FARR functionality..

perhaps what i should do is make it so that if you type +ALIASNAME it will *add* the alias contents (including obeying a #filecontents) into the current search results (with their configured score), but *not* to the exclusion of other searching.  i think that would accomplish what is desired.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version