ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

#filecontents FILEPATH -- how does it work?

(1/6) > >>

Nod5:
the new FARR 2.48.01 has added this:

#filecontents FILEPATH (can use %ALIASDIR%), to have the contents of the file dumped into the alias results when searching.

My first though that the FILEPATH should point to a textfile (e.g. C:\test\test.txt ) that includes paths to other files. Each such included path is then listed as a result in FARR when the alias runs. But that did not work when I tested it. So what exactly does it do?  :tellme: An example of an exported alias using this would be useful here.

nitrix-ud:
hi Nod5,

i'll post a short tutorial about this feature when i have some time.

however just try to add that in front of your #filecontents command :

anything will do | #filecontents FILEPATH...

it seems that the "|" is needed to make it work  :huh:

cheers, Nitrix

Nod5:
Aha, ok now I got it working.
Example: 1000>>>aoao>->test | #filecontents C:\test\a.txt
(and in a.txt put a filepath as a string )

It does not seem to work in companion with other alias specials:
1000>>>photo>->photo $$1 | dosearch +photo_modifier $$1 #filecontents C:\test\a.txt>+>^photo (.*)
Maybe it isn't supposed to work in such cases. But it would be cool if it did. I.e. if we got the results from the file at top and below it any and all matches from the search.

nitrix-ud:
as i understant it, the idea of the #filecontents command is to "only" externalize the list of results you put inside the result box within a alias edit dialog to an external file
so that you can edit your alias or share it much more easily

Nod5:
huh?  :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version