topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 10:45 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: >10 "Favs"?  (Read 3714 times)

mbaas

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
>10 "Favs"?
« on: January 09, 2019, 08:34 AM »
What I find most useful about FARR are the 10 Favorites - I just love how easy I can press a hotkey to get FRR and launch selected app (by kbd or mouse, brilliant)!

But a few more "favorite apps" are installed on my machine that I would like to launch with the same smooth process, so I've been wondering if it would be possible to extend that to 40 favs? Displayed in 4 columns and we have Shift, Ctrl and Alt which could be combined with the fn-keys to select the items...!

Please, please, pleeease consider that idea! I would like that feature so much, I'd donate again! :-)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:57 AM by mbaas »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: >10 "Favs"?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 09:42 AM »
You can change how many items are shown in the fave list and set it to more than 9 (see the Display Options tab).. but it only numbers the first 10 for quick keyboard launching..
The problem is that using letters for the items > 10 would be problematic since FARR wants to let you type letters to search..

mbaas

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: >10 "Favs"?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:56 AM »
Yes, but can't that letter-approach be modified to recognize Ctrl+F1, Shift+F1, Alt+F1 (or Ctrl+1. Shift+1. Alt+1) ?